• Print
  • Back

Overseas Compatriot Students

Can overseas compatriot students apply for permanent residency after staying in Taiwan for seven years?

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Plurk
  • Post Date: 08/04/2011

National Immigration Agency:

According to Paragraph 1, Article 25 of the Immigration Act, foreign nationals who have resided in Taiwan for five consecutive years, living in Taiwan for more than 183 days each year, and meet related requirements may apply to the NIA for permanent residency. However, the length of stay in Taiwan for education or work with permission from the central labor competent authority in accordance with Subparagraphs 8 to 10, Paragraph 1, Article 46 of the Employment Services Act or as an dependents of the individuals staying in Taiwan for the aforesaid reasons shall not be calculated.