Project of setting National Sports Park and the Training Personnel (Phase 3)
- To plan and construct the National Sports Park to provide athletes with sports science-based and professional training venues to create a competitive environment that is sustainable and develops steadily, on September 8, 2019, the Executive Yuan approved the Project of setting National Sports Park and the Training Personnel. Considering the scale of development, schedule, the subject of construction and other objective and subjective factors, the engineering project adopts a staged and zoned rolling method to reduce the impact of the park overall and create the most suitable execution model. This project is phase 3 and will be executed between 2020 and 2026. The main work items are continuing to carry out sports talent cultivation and continuing the previous phase, with the national sports center’s construction and relocation of the Ministry of Defense officers’ school barracks as the execution focuses, with various accompanying facilities and enhancing of related training venues and facilities, supporting the raising of the level of competitiveness to give athletes a worry-free sports training environment that assists them continue to strive for glory for the country.
- Key points of promotion
- Implement the National Sports Park overall construction project, with the national sports center’s construction and relocation of the Ministry of Defense officers’ school barracks as the execution focuses, continuing to plan and construct a complete national sports training park.
- Implement the sports talent training personnel project to foster outstanding competition talent, build elite teams and promote occupational development and other work items, systemically cultivating sports talent to increase the competitiveness of Taiwan.
- Execution schedule: 2020-2026
- Total funding:NT$8.693341 billion of which the funding of NT$2.842341 required by the training personnel project will be provided by the Sports Development Fund.