Forward-looking Infrastructure Development Program-5G Campus Infrastructure Project – Demonstration Classrooms & Mobile Learning Devices
Project duration: 2021/1/1-2025/8/31
General appropriation budget: NT$1,132,000,000
Annual appropriation budget (2022): NT$250,000,000
1. Project Introduction
This project supports the use of online learning devices for students, creates schools as 5G application service learning environments and demonstration teaching, and leads the schools to the development of new technology in teaching and learning.
2. Project Intent
- Give priority support of learning devices to students of these schools which are willing to use learning devices and to students of schools in “remote” areas (including “detached” areas), and help lagging students to learn.
- Establish 5G smart technology learning environments and demonstration teaching, lead schools to new technology teaching and learning, and guide students in making good use of 5G and new technologies in the online interactive context of exploration learning, experiential learning and self-regulated learning, both on campus and outside the classrooms, thereby cultivating students’ lifelong learning abilities.
3. Key Assignments
- Priority support of learning devices for schools in “remote” and “detached” areas:
- Link to existing digital learning application models and support personalized learning equipment such as learning devices.
- Public and private organizations cooperatively combining central government, local government, private and industrial forces to assist schools in building learning devices and 5G Internet application environments.
- Guidance of 5G demonstration applications on campus to support self-regulated and exploration learning:
- Develop and implement the teaching application of 5G combined with new technology implemented by teachers in campuses and both in and out of classrooms.
- Promote students to experience 5G and new technologies in the online interactive context of exploration learning, experiential learning and self-regulated learning.
- Establish a project promotion group and guidance group
- Coordinate the implementation planning, guidance implementation and effectiveness evaluation.
- Guide the counties, cities and schools to build a multi-model smart learning environment and teaching application of learning devices and mobile networks.
- Research and develop most of the 5G application models of smart learning and teaching application.