Taiwan Comprehensive University System (TCUS) seeks opportunities for cooperation with TU9 in Germany
The four TCUS universities are National Cheng Kung University, National Chung Cheng University, National Chung Hsing University, and National Sun Yat-sen University. The purpose of the delegation’s visits was to explore opportunities for academic cooperation between member universities of the two consortiums. And indeed, a Memorandum of Understanding for academic cooperation was signed between Chung Hsing University and TU Darmstadt during the delegation’s stay in Germany.
TU9 President and president of TU Darmstadt, Prof. Dr. Hans Juergen Proemel, expressed his wish to visit Taiwan next year for discussion about developing further academic cooperation, most likely through student exchanges and joint research projects.
From Left: 1. Brenda Chuang, Taiwan Comprehensive University System Secretariat
2. Prof. Dr. Manfred Hampe, TU Darmstadt, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering,
3. Dr. Wu Jyh-Yang, president of National Chung Cheng University,
4. Prof. Dr. Jens Schneider, TU Darmstadt, Dept. of Civil and Environmental Engineering,
5. Dr. Lee Der-Tsai, president of National Chung Hsing University,
6. Prof. Dr. Hans Jürgen Prömel, TU9 President and president of TU Darmstadt,
7. Prof. Yang Hung-Duen, president of National Sun Yat-sen University,
8. Huey-jen Jenny Su, executive vice president of National Cheng Kung University,
9. Weng Chin-Ying, director of the Education Division, Taipei Representative Office in Germany,
10. Regina Sonntag-Krupp, Director of the Department of International Affairs at TU Darmstadt,
11. Venio Piero Quinque, TU9 executive secretary, and
12. Cindy Su, International Affairs Office, National Cheng Kung University.