Department of Teacher and Art Education
According to the functions and duties, the Department of Teacher and Art Education can be divided into three sections: The Art Education Section (AES), The Preservice Teacher Education Section (PTES), and The Teacher Professional Development Section (TPDS).
The Art Education Section (AES) coordinates the planning and promotion of national art education policies:
- The AES established the White Paper Policy of Art Education, implements national art competitions, and actively promotes art talent cultivation.
- In response to the promotion of the twelve-year compulsory education policy, the AES, according to the core competencies, establishes regulations and specialized curricular fields for art talent classes and related promotional supporting measures.
- The AES supervises the National Taiwan Arts Education Center.
- The AES combines art spaces with daily life and develops cultural aesthetic experience courses.
- The AES implements the sprout project of art and aesthetics and promotes the aesthetic education by cooperating with private sources and local governments.
- The AES establishes the expansion and linking systems of aesthetic education courses between schools, the central government, and local governments.
The Preservice Teacher Education Section (PTES) coordinates the planning and promotion of teacher education policies:
- The PTES established and maintains the database of teachers in primary and junior high schools, and edits "The Annual Statistical Report of Teacher Education in the Republic of China". to better improve the assessment evaluation of teacher requirements and provisions.
- The PTES implements the teacher certification exams and promotes the adaptive potential test for pre-service teacher students.
- The PTES implements related preservice teacher projects:
(1) The Outstanding Teacher Training Scholarship Plan
(2) The Schweitzer Program
(3) The enhancement of teachers' qualities by Teacher training universities, and the implementation of featured development projects
(4) Certain projects to cultivate future teachers to learn how to develop and foster international relationships
- The PTES establishes teaching research centers of secondary education.
- The PTES develops the fine teaching model examples according to the new curriculum, with all types of advanced teacher resource projects, and all in combination with best theories and practices.
The Teacher Professional Development Section (TPDS) coordinates the planning and promotion of teacher education policies for in-service teachers in primary and junior high schools:
- The TPDS organizes the teacher education system for in-service teachers in primary and junior high schools, and promotes the supporting systems of teachers’ professional development, and guidance programs for initial teachers.
- The TPDS promotes the implementation of educational guidance programs through teacher training universities.
- The TPDS coordinates teacher training universities to establish the second expertise credit classes and the advanced credit classes.
- The TPDS is responsible for the IT operations control of the National Teachers In-Service Training Information Website.
- The TPDS established and continues to maintain the Supporting System of the Principals’ Development for the following purposes: promoting beginner principals’ guidance and setting up the Principals’ Coaching Resource Database.
- The TPDS revises and explains the Teachers’ Act (including the Enforcement Rules of the Teachers’ Act), completes the mechanism of the Collective Agreement Act for various teacher union groups, and betters the guidelines of teachers’ duties and rights.
- The TPDS implements the Excellent Teacher Award, Recognition of Outstanding Teacher Award, and Contributions to Education Award so that the Confucius culture is upheld.