Youth RICH Work Experience
The Youth Development Administration, Ministry of Education combines public, private, and the third sectors to provide opportunities for students to gain work experiences, explore their career path earlier, and increase their competitive edge through hands-on experience.
A. Program Content:
- College student public sector internship program
- Details and Schedule: Internship opportunities at the central government and its affiliations are available at April-May, and July-August. Openings for each cycle will be announced on the RICH Workplace Experiential Network in January, and April for students to submit their applications.
- Objective: Through hands-on experience, students will be able to understand the way the government operates, organizational culture, and public policy execution, feel encouraged to engage in public affairs, and better equipped to plan their future career development.
- Summer vacation community work experience program
- Details and Schedule: 1.5-month summer internship opportunities at communities and NPO for social welfare are available during summer vacation of each year from July to August. Openings will be announced on the RICH Workplace Experiential Network in May every year for students to submit their applications.
- Objective: Internships at NPOs will enable young people to experience what it is like to work and know more about the local communities while applying their skills and innovation to make necessary changes and benefit the communities they serve. Through such opportunities, young people will be able to boost their employability and the ability to plan for their career development.
- Economic independence youth work-and-study program
- Details and Schedule: Part-time jobs at government bodies, state-owned banks, state-run companies, or private institutions are available to students from economically disadvantaged families. Openings are updated regularly on the RICH Workplace Experiential Network.
- Objective: Through this program, students from underprivileged families will be able to improve their knowledge and skill levels, aim for long-term development, and achieve independence to support themselves.
- Youth entrepreneur internship program
- Details and Schedule: Internship at U-start startups are available from the day of onboarding to September 30. Openings will be announced on the RICH Workplace Experiential Network from March to April every year for students to submit their applications.
- Objective: In addition to fostering entrepreneurship, young people who are interested in starting their own businesses will be able to understand startups and prepare themselves as early as possible.
B. Expected result: This program aims to boost young people’s work experience and facilitate transition from schools to the job market. Companies will also be able to establish a human capital pool and utilize creativity offered by young people to make changes and prosper.