Ministry of Education Objectives for 2022 (January－December)
- Extend provision of affordable educare services, continue to increase the availability of public pre-schools, and strengthen quasi-public mechanisms; gradually decrease education expenses for children, and increase the amount of childcare allowance for parents of children over 2 years old in order to reduce the burden of child-raising; implement 12-Year Basic Education Curriculum Guidelines in order to allow every child to achieve; and improve teacher training in order to enhance teachers’ professional knowledge and ability.
- Install air conditioners in senior high schools, junior high schools and elementary schools all over the country, improve the earthquake resistance of buildings on campuses and create better playground facilities for a more comfortable and safer learning environment; reduce the burden of house rental costs for socially and economically disadvantaged college/university students by improving dorm quality and quantity; implement a registration and tracking system for school meal ingredient sources to ensure that schools provide high-quality, locally-produced food.
- Actively promote 2030 Bilingual Nation Policy to make Taiwan’s talents and industries more competitive, thus promoting its professions around the world; increase international educational exchanges, and develop high-quality brand for Chinese language education in Taiwan; improve education for indigenous people and new immigrants’ children, create friendly environments for learning national languages (including Minnan, Hakka, Min Dong, aboriginal languages and sign language).
- Provide advanced digital-learning environments to strengthen Taiwan’s science and technology manpower; optimize the practical training environments provided by technical and vocational educational institutions and establish regional industry manpower and technology-training bases; improve the quality of higher education and cultivate talents in national focus areas; strengthen the linkages between industry and academic research and expand universities’ capacity for research and development.
- Expand the scope of young people’s participation in public and community affairs, and enhance the government’s role with regard to creativity and dynamism; support the development of Taiwan’s sports industry, and promote making regular exercise a norm for the entire population; focus more on the comprehensive training of top athletes, and thereby improve Taiwan’s competitiveness in international sporting events; focus on family and senior citizen’s education, and thereby create a high-quality lifelong learning environment.