Profile on Education
Enhance ICT Infrastructure
- All schools nationwide were connected to the internet in 1999.
- Developed the TANet Whois system for management of IPv4/IPv6 In 2011 and updated the Router of all region network center to Dual stack IPv4/IPv6 . Wireless campus network roaming of inter-school had been accomplished and authentication with single account.
- E-classrooms have established for every school to embed ICT in education instructions by 2009.
- Ratio of PC vs. student up to 7:1.
- Computer classes taken in grade 3~7.
Enrich Digital teaching resources /activities
- Established nation-wide learning object management systems and supplied teaching materials, lesson plans, etc. to teachers.
- Developed 6 web-based learning systems for on-line learning activity.
- Establish a web-based Creative Commons platform to encourage free sharing of digital learning contents from public and private sectors.
- Encourage open source software for e-learning.
ICT Literacy Trainning of the Primary and Secondary School teachers
- Conducting annual training courses for in-service teachers in the fields of ICT skills, ICT in education concept and practice to improve ICT literacy. Over 90% grade 1~9 teachers has attended 6hr training courses by 2011.
- Developing e-Learning courses for on-line studying and self-learning.